A house infested with roaches and now it is time to say goodbye to all the bad memories. You have gone through almost all of the roach killers and professional pest control support, but still encountering roach infestation at home then it may be the right time to move. But wait a second, have you checked all the places that roaches love to hide for preventing roaches move with you?
Specially renters will have more opportunity to break their lease within the inhabitable conditions of the unit.
Unfortunately, moving to a new unit without roaches may not be as easy as you think! Before taking the risk of moving to another place, let’s have a look at the key points of preventing roaches moving with you..
Roaches Hiding Places
They pretty much can hide everywhere. If you have a cockroach infestation, most likely you have bunch of them nested in your furniture, appliances and the rest of everything at home!
If you’re ready, let’s have a quick look to my list of roach hiding places:
- Kitchen Appliances
- Coffee machine – Roaches love the smell of coffee. Make sure you unplug it and open the bottom cover for a better search of roach eggs and baby roaches hiding in.
- Toaster – Yummy crumbs! Make sure you clean it well before moving.
- Blender – Cockroaches are one of the best in hiding in appliances. Blender is one of the places for roaches to hide inside.
- Microwave – Can find eggs underneath or behind it.
- Refrigerator – That’s the most favorite place for roaches to hide. Specially the fridge drain pan located at the back of serves a perfect habitat for the roaches to nest as the area is warm and have more than enough water source for roaches.
- Whether it is plastic, steel or wood, if there is any place like a crevice at your furniture that will be attractive enough for the roaches to build a life or leave their eggs (like joint of two different pieces, etc.).
- Check all your sofa, dinner table, chairs, book case, your best TV station and coach in order to avoid roaches move with you. If you spot small brownish kinda sticky dots, which are roach poop by the way, then most likely there is an activity that’s been going on your furniture.
- Make sure no cockroach eggs are hidden at any point of your furniture.
- One of the places that needs to be checked is for sure electronics, Your mouse, laptop, pc or whatever you have! Playstation is also marked as favorite by roaches.
Don’t Have The Roaches Move With You
It will not be easy to make sure that you are not carrying the roach with you to your new house. It is hard but not impossible.
I’ll go through a list of check points where you should be careful of. Feel free to expand it depending on your belongings..
- Carefully inspect every item that you will move with you to the new unit
- Never use cardboard boxes. If you can place everything in to vacuum sealed zip locks.
- Wash your clothes,utensils, everything else as much as you can.
- If you are moving out from a highly infested house, I wouldn’t even take the risk of moving my kitchen appliances, like toaster, water heater, coffee maker, etc.
- Check all the suitcases that you’ll place stuff in.
- Do not move your magazines, newspapers and any piles of papers that may be a beautiful home for roaches.
- Carefully inspect your fridge, washer and dryer.
- Open every bag outside your new house.
- Carefully inspect again before taking anything home. Don’t forget, one egg will be more than enough to have the roach nightmare start again.
- Use sticky glue roach traps for controlling any roach activity in your new unit
After all is done, hope you didn’t have the roaches move with you and will be living in a roach free home!