Cockroaches have been around for hundred years and are one of the best insect species that can adapt itself to the environment within years.
Although cockroaches have some benefits, it is the most unwanted infestation type and getting rid of them needs patience and a good treatment method depending on the roach type.
The very first comment about how strong these intruders is that cockroaches can live for about a month without food and can still be alive for a week even without water! For an effective roach treatment method, it is so beneficiary to understand how long does a cockroach live. Like the above detail the first step that needs to be taken care of is to eliminate the food and water resources. It should always be considered that the ways for getting rid of roaches and how long does it take to get rid of them is all depends on the type of the roach and its life cycle.
The other scary fact about them is that cockroaches can live about a week without their head!
Depending on the resources and environment conditions like climate and humidity, below is a summary how long can a cockroach live based on its specie:
- Adult American cockroaches can live about 12 months in addition to the 12 months of immaturity period. During the adult lifetime of a female American cockroach can reproduce about 100-200 children
- Smoky brown roaches lives about a year.
- The whole female German roach lifecycle is about 150-200 days ending with about 10,000 children. If your house is infested with German cockroaches, it is best to understand their lifespan and treat your house accordingly for the most effective solution for getting rid of German Cockroaches.
- A male Oriental cockroach can live 100-150 days and the female oriental roach lives between 30 to 200 days.
- An adult male Asian roach lives about 40-50 days and the female lives about 100 days.