Have you ever wanted something this much? Frankly, I have not!
I just want a roach free house that’s it! I don’t want to see them crawling in my kitchen or hiding in my cabinets and drawers. Nor want to see those creatures in my bathroom either..
After a thorough search and conversations with pest control companies, what I have learned is that one of the best essential roach killer that you can use as a DIY roach remedy is gel bait. But the fact is you need to know how to apply it correctly for an effective solution. Otherwise, it will make no harm to the roaches at all and you will be living with more and more roaches at home.
The idea is so simple, you’ll apply small amounts of roach gel bait and roaches will eat it and bring it back it to their living places, where they hide and will share it with the whole rest of the community at the heart of their nests.
At the end, you will get rid of roaches with this effective method. The key to success here is for sure being patient and using the roach gel bait in the right way.
My favorite selection of roach killer on the market is the Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait, which is the No 1 Best Seller on Amazon with almost 5 Star rating over about 12,000 reviews!
The product that I am pointing here is a high performance bait that targets all kinds of cockroaches including German Roaches, Smoky Brown, Oriental, Asian and American Roaches.
Once applied correctly, cockroaches have no chance to resist to this highly effective bait and the extermination will be fast and cheap. If you are looking for a roach killer good for both indoor and outdoor use with a reasonable price, I would highly recommend the Advion Cockroach Bait.
How to Use Advion Cockroach Gel Bait
For best results and good practice, do not use this gel bait for entirely caulking the crevices. This will be just a waste of the product and won’t be effective. Make rice to pea-sized dots almost at every 3-10 feet in the activity areas depending on the infestation level.
Before going further to the details of roach gel bait application, would like to answer if the Advion is harmful to pets and children. Just to let you know as an answer to this, it is clearly indicated in the user manual as follows:
DO NOT TREAT AREAS THAT ARE EASILY ACCESSIBLE TO CHILDREN AND PETS!!!
Now, let’s have a look at the how to apply Advion for success:
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Apply it as a crevice and crack treatment (again, not for caulking!)
- Use it at the areas where roaches love to hide, like openings leading into voids in floors/walls, around plumbing pipes, behind and under appliances, sinks, closets, cabinets
- For heavy infestations of cockroaches, apply 3 to 5 spots of Advion Cockroach Gel Bait per 10 linear feet
- For light to moderate infestations of cockroaches, apply 1-3 spots of Advion Cockroach Gel Bait per 10 linear feet
- Each spot of ADVION cockroach gel bait must equal about 0.5 grams (approx. 1/4” diameter), to areas not able to be contacted by children or pets.
- For all levels of cockroach infestations, when a bead of Advion Cockroach Gel Bait is used, apply a small thin bead that is less than 1/8” wide and approximately 2 inches long
Indoor Roach Bait Applications:
Make sure the following areas are applied for best results:
- Cracks and crevices along walls or floors
- Behind or under equipment
- Under tables
- Within framing of tables or furniture
- Around and under sinks
- Within or near garbage collection areas
- Attics (if an activity has been noted)
- Cracks and crevices in cabinets
- Behind the drawers (yes, pull the drawers out please!)
How Not to Use Advion Roach Bait
This magic roach killer will bring the best results if only used correctly. One of the most common mistakes that’s been done is applying it to surfaces where a layer of any spray insecticide has been applied before. If you have a repellant spray on the surface where you are applying the gel, the roaches won’t even come near it.
Again, the plan is having the roaches attracted with the bait, feed on it, and let them take it to their nest to share with the rest of the colony.
- Do Not Apply Advion Cockroach Gel Bait to surfaces recently treated with residual sprays
- Do Not Apply residual sprays to surfaces treated with Advion Cockroach Gel Bait
- Do Not Apply to surfaces that food contacts
- Do Not Allow open foods to contact gel material
- Do not apply to areas where food/feed, food utensils or food processing surfaces may come into contact and become contaminated
- Do not apply to areas that are routinely washed such as cracks and crevices in tops of tables, food/feed preparation and prepared food holding surfaces as bait could be removed by the washing
- Do not apply to surfaces where the temperature exceeds 120-130°F because this could cause the bait to liquefy and lose effectiveness