You’ve been working so hard to earn this and finally it is time to go on a vacation to the place where you have been dreaming of. Maybe it is a tropical country this time or maybe you have already targeted one of the most cockroach infested cities in the U.S. Doesn’t matter.. Cockroaches do not restrict themselves!
It is so understandable that you were not planning to share your hotel room with a cockroach while you were really in to your vacation plans but things happen and cockroaches also travel just like you do. And the best method they prefer for traveling is nesting in to your luggage. If you have seen a cockroach in your hotel room let’s have a look at what can be done in such a case.
- Talk to the front desk and ask for manager assistance explaining how much you were frustrated and disgusted from the fact. Most of the hotels have pest control companies treating the rooms but it is also a real fact that cockroaches can crawl from anywhere.
- You can ask for changing the room considering the availability of the hotel.
- An upgrade offer to your room may be a good alternative.
- If you have member of the hotel rewards program an extra amount of points to your account may not sound so bad.
- Asking for a complimentary food or drink at the bar may also be a good way to forget the cockroach scene in your hotel room.
- A free night stay will also be a good offer from the hotel side.
All the above may be beneficiary to your stay at this hotel but don’t forget that you are just a visitor of the hotel and compensation in such a case is not mandatory for the hotel..
Besides what you can get from the fact that you have seen a cockroach in your hotel room, you should be aware of the fact that you may have already become a nest carrier to your home with your luggage. If you want to prevent cockroaches coming to your house with you, you should leave your luggage outside and carefully inspect every item in it before you bring them to home. Unpacking your luggage from a vacation without checking it may end with a cockroach infestation of your house.
Final tips for preventing cockroaches:
- Don’t keep food on your luggage during your hotel stay and also during your flight
- Keep your luggage zipped all times
- Check your luggage for cockroach eggs and droppings
- Keep your luggage on the luggage rack not on the floor